Roadway Design

A Highway Occupancy Permit Plan is a plan required by the Department of Transportation to obtain a Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP).  A HOP is required whenever work is being proposed in the Right-of-Way (R/W) of a State Road.  Work that is typically done in the R/W includes adding or modifying an access point (driveway, new street, parking lot, etc.) or utility work.

A Department of Transportation Survey and Traffic Impact Study (TIS) are completed, and then Highway Occupancy Plans are done based on the work being proposed.  The Plans could require stormwater management design, paving specifications, road profiles, road cross-sections, standard notes and details, pavement marking plans, construction plans, signalization plans.

D.L.Howell & Associates Inc. has over 20 years of experience working with various Departments of Transportation, securing Highway Occupancy Permit’s throughout the area for various projects.

Highway Occupancy Permit Plan