Civil Engineering and Land Surveying Careers
Civil Engineer Candidates with 0 to 3 Years Experience
D.L. Howell & Associates, Inc., Civil Engineering/Land Planning Firm located in West Chester, PA is seeking Civil Engineer candidates with 0 to 3 years experience in the design of residential and commercial subdivisions and land developments.
- Site Layout and Land Development
- Commercial and Residential Planning
- Grading and Utilities Design
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Design
- Environmental Permitting including NPDES
- Sanitary and Stormwater Piping Design
- Horizontal and Vertical Roadway Alignment
- Stormwater Management Design
- Floodplain Modeling and Hydraulic Analysis
- B.S. in Civil Engineering; Professional Engineering license not required
- Working Knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D a plus but not required
- Working Knowledge of Civil 3D Styles, Surfaces a plus but not required
- Proficient with site layout, grading and profiling a plus but not required
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Experience with HEC-RAS a plus but not required
- Must have good written and verbal communication
A competitive benefits package is available that includes health, dental, vision, group life, short-term and long-term disability plans, a 401(k) program and advancement opportunities – all in a business casual work environment.
Land Surveying Field Crew Member Job
Howell Kline Surveying, LLC, a Professional Land Surveying Firm located in West Chester, PA is seeking entry level Land Surveying Field Crew Member candidates with 0 to 3 years of experience in construction stake-out, boundary, and topographic surveys.
Duties to include:
• Collecting survey data, as part of a two-man field crew, to complete boundary surveys, topographic surveys or construction surveys.
• Taking measurements, moving survey equipment and hand clearing of the brush to open lines of sight.
• Assisting in the maintenance of survey equipment and stocks of survey supplies.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid Pennsylvania State Driver’s License
• AutoCAD experience would be great but not required.
• Applicant must be physically fit and able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Experience with electronic total station, data collectors and GPS equipment is a plus.
• Ability to interpret construction plans.
• Ability to work with design engineers, clients, contractors and the general public.