Civil Engineering and Land Surveying Careers
Civil Engineer Candidates with 0 to 3 Years Experience
D.L. Howell & Associates, Inc., Civil Engineering/Land Planning Firm located in West Chester, PA is seeking Civil Engineer candidates with 0 to 3 years experience in the design of residential and commercial subdivisions and land developments.
- Site Layout and Land Development
- Commercial and Residential Planning
- Grading and Utilities Design
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Design
- Environmental Permitting including NPDES
- Sanitary and Stormwater Piping Design
- Horizontal and Vertical Roadway Alignment
- Stormwater Management Design
- Floodplain Modeling and Hydraulic Analysis
- B.S. in Civil Engineering; Professional Engineering license not required
- Working Knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D a plus but not required
- Working Knowledge of Civil 3D Styles, Surfaces a plus but not required
- Proficient with site layout, grading and profiling a plus but not required
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Experience with HEC-RAS a plus but not required
- Must have good written and verbal communication
A competitive benefits package is available that includes health, dental, vision, group life, short-term and long-term disability plans, a 401(k) program and advancement opportunities – all in a business casual work environment.
Survey Field Crew Chief
Howell Kline Surveying, LLC, a Professional Land Surveying Firm located in West Chester, PA is seeking Land Surveying Field Crew Chief candidates with 3 to 5 years of experience in construction stake-out and land surveying.
Duties to include:
- Performance of construction stake-out of buildings, roads, curbs, storm and sanitary sewer, etc.
- Performance of stake-out calculations for site improvements.
- Performance of boundary surveys and topographic surveys.
- Data management and project control point management.
- Assisting in the maintenance of survey vehicle, equipment and stocks of survey supplies.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Pennsylvania State Driver’s License
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 experience a plus.
- Applicant must be physically fit and able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Experience with electronic total station, data collectors and GPS equipment.
- Ability to interpret construction plans.
- Ability to work with design engineers, clients, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Possess strong communication, organizations, and problem-solving skills, as well as have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
A competitive benefits package is available that includes health, group life, short term and long-term disability plans, a 401(k) program with employer matching and advancement opportunities – all in a business casual work environment.