I took the liberty of jotting down some bullet points in case it rains today. They may sound like they are sarcastic because they are.
It has been less than 24 hours but this is EXTREMELY important. There is a chance of rain today. Now, don’t panic, but this means a few things.
1. There is a chance it may rain.
2. There MAY be water on the roads. This is ok.
3. Streams may have more water in them AND the water may be brown. Actually, it WILL be brown. Again, this is common all over the world.
4. Water will flow into storm inlets and into pipes and then out onto the ground. No worries, this is intended. If you see this, DO NOT PANIC.
5. This is critical. Detention basins and sediment basins WILL have water in them. AGAIN, DO NOT PANIC, this is an intended result. People like me, we actually WANT this to happen, it makes me happy when this occurs.
6. Water may also be “running” (flowing) through swales around your house. Once again, DO NOT PANIC, this is ok and perfectly normal. This happens all the time while you are sleeping and when you wake up your yard is fine. Seeing it may be traumatic, just look away, turn on the TV or read a book until it is over.
PS – DO NOT read a book about storms or rain or watch the following movies – The Perfect Storm, Twister, Geostorm or White Squall.
Hang in there, we will get through this!